Audition Information for the Summer 2018 Season
Step One: Signing Up for an Audition Time
- Got to the Audition page to sign up for an audition time.
- Fill out Casting Sheet, sign waiver on Casting Sheet, attach conflicts, and attach a photo.
- Prepare a monologue and song (if applicable) from the Audition Packet for each show you are interested in.
Step Two: Auditions and Callbacks
- Auditions for ALL SHOWS will be held at the Oswegoland Park District’s Boulder Point facility (Zero Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery)
- May 16 – 18 from 5:30 – 8:30 PM, May 19 from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- On the day of your audition, please bring your completed Casting Sheet and give it to the directors before you perform your monologue and/or song. This process only takes 5-10 minutes.
- Callback lists will be posted on our website by midnight on Saturday, May 19.
- If you are on the callback list, you will be asked to return for a callback session at the Oswegoland Park District’s South Point facility (810 Preston Lane, Oswego; adjacent to Southbury Elementary).
Sunday, May 20
Winnie the Pooh Kids 9:00am-12:00pm
The Hero of Sherwood Forest 12:30pm-3:30pm
Saturday, May 26
Beauty and the Beast 9:00am-1:00pm
There’s Gold in These Hills 1:30pm-4:30pm
- If you are on the callback list, please plan on staying the entire time.
- If you are not on the callback list, this does not necessarily mean you did not receive a role in the show. It simply means that we did not need to see you perform again to know where you fit best. We hope to cast as many people as possible in our productions this summer, but we cannot guarantee that everyone will receive a part, or be cast in the show of their choice.
- Final cast lists for Sunday callbacks will be posted on our website no later than Wednesday evening, May 23. The cast list for Comancheria will be posted earlier due to a Monday, May 21 rehearsal. There’s Gold in These Hills and Beauty and the Beast cast lists will be posted no later than Tuesday, May 29.
- Everyone is encouraged to check ALL cast lists.
Step Three: Registering for your Show
Once you have been cast in a production, we will post the course code for that show on the Limelight website and you will need to register with the park district. You can do this:
- Online this summer! Online registration will open the day after cast lists are posted and will close the first day of rehearsal for each respective show.
- Over the phone by calling 630-554-1010. You can register over the phone if you have an Annual Waiver on file.
- In person by going into one of the park district buildings to fill out the registration form and pay the registration fee. Visit www.oswegolandparkdistrict.org for building addresses and operating hours.
Registration fees* and due dates:
- $139 for Comancheria due by May 21
- $139 for Disney’s Winnie the Pooh KIDS due by June 4
- $139 for The Hero of Sherwood Forest due by June 4
- $139 for There’s Gold in These Hills due by June 11
- $189 for Beauty and the Beast due by June 18
*includes one show specific Summer 2018 T-Shirt
Please note: All registration fees are to be paid by the first day of rehearsal for your production. Participants will not be allowed to attend rehearsals or receive a script until fees are paid. A $10 late fee will be added to any late registrations.
Step Four: First Rehearsal
Each director will have a meeting during or after one of the first rehearsals. At this meeting, parents will receive a complete Rehearsal Schedule, Costume and Makeup Notes, a Behavior and Attendance Contract, and more information about Volunteering and working on Crews.
We work very hard to keep the registration fee for our productions as low as possible. In order to do this, there are a few additional expenses that may occur throughout the production. Please be advised that the things listed below are approximate and may not pertain to all cast members.
Cast members are asked to supply shoes for the show. They may need character shoes, jazz shoes, gym shoes, etc. We will let you know as soon as possible what shoes will be needed. During rehearsal, participants are not allowed to wear open-toed shoes—save the flip-flops for the pool, please!
Cast members will be responsible for creating some or all of his/her costume. We may be able to help supply specific items, but each actor will need to help acquire and create part of his/her costume. We highly encourage you to check your own closet to see what you have before you feel the need to go buy something new. If you do have to buy something specific, try visiting a local thrift store or resale shop first! There are several great options in the area where we have a lot of luck finding costume pieces.
Each actor will need a clear, hanging garment bag. This allows each actor to keep his/her costume all together, clean, and easy to identify. This is a one-time investment and these bags are very inexpensive (most are under $10). They are yours to keep and use with Limelight and beyond. They can be found at Meijer, Walmart, and other local stores, as well as various places online, like Amazon.
Each cast member needs to supply his/her own makeup (foundation, powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, lipstick, mascara) and hair supplies (hair spray, rubber bands, bobby pins, brushes) for dress rehearsals and performances. We do not have any specific requirements for a certain brand of makeup. You can easily assemble your own kit from a drugstore or the dollar store. A list of what to include in a basic makeup kit will be provided at the first meeting for each cast. You can also get a theatrical makeup kit. Many people choose to order Ben Nye Personal Kits. These can be found on a number of different sites online for around $20. Limelight has examples of the different foundations so you can try them on and get the perfect match. We will also send home a list of specific make-up and hair guidelines for each show.