Audition Information for the Summer 2019 Season
Step One: Signing Up for an Audition Time
- Go to the Audition Page to sign up for a specific audition day and time.
- Fill out Casting Sheet, sign waiver on Casting Sheet, attach conflicts, and attach a photo.
- Prepare a monologue and song (if applicable) from the Audition Packet for each show you are interested in.
Step Two: Auditions and Callbacks
- Auditions for ALL SHOWS will be held at the Oswegoland Park District’s Boulder Point facility (Zero Boulder Hill Pass, Montgomery) May 15 – 17 from 5:30 – 8:30 PM, May 18 from 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- On the day of your audition, please bring your completed Casting Sheet and give it to the directors before you perform your monologue and/or song. This process only takes 5-10 minutes.
- Callback lists will be posted on our website by midnight on Saturday, May 18.
- If you are on the callback list, you will be asked to return for a callback session on Sunday, May 19 at the Oswegoland Park District’s South Point facility (810 Preston Lane, Oswego; adjacent to Southbury Elementary).
Sunday, May 19
Willy Wonka 9:00am-12:00pm
Tumbleweed Trail 12:00pm-2:00pm
Lion King JR 2:00pm-4:30pm
So Untamed 4:00pm-6:30pm
If They Were Free 6:30pm-9:00pm
- If you are on the callback list, please plan on staying the entire time.
- If you are not on the callback list, this does not necessarily mean you did not receive a role in the show. It simply means that we did not need to see you perform again to know where you fit best. We hope to cast as many people as possible in our productions this summer, but we cannot guarantee that everyone will receive a part, or be cast in the show of their choice.
- The cast list for If They Were Free will be posted on Monday, May 20 (prior to rehearsal that evening).
- All other cast lists will be posted by Wednesday, May 22.
- Everyone is encouraged to check ALL cast lists.
Step Three: Registering for your Show
Once you have been cast in a production, we will post the course code for that show on the Limelight website and you will need to register with the park district. You can do this:
- Online registration will open the day after cast lists are posted and will close the first day of rehearsal for each respective show.
- Over the phone by calling 630-554-1010. You can register over the phone if you have an Annual Waiver on file.
- In person by going into one of the park district buildings to fill out the registration form and pay the registration fee. Visit www.oswegolandparkdistrict.org for building addresses and operating hours.
Registration fees* and due dates:
- $139 for If They Were Free (#14614) due by May 20
- $129 for The Tumbleweed Trail (#14615) due by June 3
- $139 for The Lion King JR (#14616) due by June 3
- $139 for So Untamed (#14617) due by June 10
- $199 for Willy Wonka (#14613) due by June 17
*includes one show specific Summer 2019 T-Shirt
Please note: All registration fees are to be paid by the first day of rehearsal for your production. Participants will not be allowed to attend rehearsals or receive a script until fees are paid. A $10 late fee will be added to any late registrations.
Visit the Volunteer page if you are interested in helping in any other area, like Tech, Pit Orchestra, Student Assistant Directing, or helping with set/prop/costume/mask/puppet projects.