To teach, to learn, to create, and to share through theatre
The Limelight Theatre Company follows five simple rules when working creatively:
- Be Original – Limelight has always stressed the importance of story, and the value of creating original works as a team. Original productions allow us to celebrate and encourage the ideas and creative contributions of the dreamers and the writers in our company, in addition to the talented actors, designers, and crew members. We get to collaborate on something that is truly unique and truly ours.
- Be Gracious – We try to follow the golden rule and play well with others. Someone who is gracious is characterized by charm, good taste, kindness, and generosity of spirit. That is the kind of artist and person that we want to work with.
- Be “We”– Theatre is about collaboration, not competition. We work together to accomplish things that none of us could do alone. Our challenges are faced as a team, and our successes are shared as a family.
- Be Bold – Make big, bold choices. Take ownership, invest yourself in your work. You get out what you put in.
- Be Challenging – Like the characters in the stories that we love to tell, our actors and crew always rise to meet the challenge of difficult material. We also choose to challenge our audiences with many different styles of productions and subject matter.
WHAT WE OFFER
Year round programming comprised of up to 15 different productions each year, including comedies, dramas, one acts, musicals, performances for adults, performances for youth, a short play festival, and touring productions that align with academic curriculum plus instructional classes and camps.
OFFICIAL LIMELIGHT MOTTO
Where Everyone Plays a Part
ORIGINAL LIMELIGHT MOTTO
A VERY BRIEF HISTORY
The Limelight Theatre Company was founded in the summer of 2000. Borne out of a need in the Oswego community for a quality and diverse youth theatre program, Limelight has grown from a dozen middle-school children writing their own plays to a larger organization involving over a hundred participants of all ages tapping into their creativity and sharing it.