Fall Radio Plays
- Sign up for radio plays is on a show by show basis, so check back four weeks before each performance to sign up for each show.
- Actors who have been cast in each radio play will rehearse all day (beginning around 10:00am) on Saturday for a 7:00pm performance.
- All actors in radio plays will need to register for $5. Fee increases to $10 the day of the performance. Course codes will be provided in each cast list email.
|Performs||Radio Play||Play a Part|
|1/19/19||The Palm Beach Story||Sign Up Now|
|2/23/19||In a Lonely Place||Sign up soon|
|3/16/19||All That Heaven Allows||Sign up soon|
|4/27/19||Two Weeks in Another Town||Sign up soon|
WLTC Radio Theatre Series
The WLTC Radio Division presents radio dramas based on classic films, literature, and some original works and adaptations. Radio shows are typically performed at 7:00pm one Saturday a month January through April and September through November.
Actors invited to perform in one of these radio dramas are typically in HIGH SCHOOL and older. Roles are cast based on need. For example, if the show requires a part to be played by a young actor, then a young actor will be contacted. All actors must meet certain criteria in order to facilitate the quick rehearsal process that this type of show needs. Those criteria are:
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and practice lines/character work outside of the rehearsal process.
- A proven track record of rehearsing quickly, taking direction, and making adjustments in character in a way that contributes to the positive work environment of a production.
- A consistent commitment to professionalism in the rehearsal process, as well as the ability to use that professionalism to improve the quality of the performance.
- Actors who meet these criteria should indicate interest in performing in the radio series by filling out the electronic form link above.
Each play is a mix between veteran actors and those new to this type of production. In an effort to be inclusive, actors who indicate interest will be cast according to their availability, and not being cast in one production means that actors will likely be cast in one of the following ones.
Winter Play – Radium Girls
Inspired by a true story, Radium Girls by D.W. Gregory follows the women who worked painting the luminescent watch dials in the 1920’s. While radium was being hailed as a miracle cure by some, it was causing mysterious illnesses in others. The afflicted workers must stand up to big business, medical practitioners, family, and friends to bring this issue to light in this moving and impactful drama.
Age: 16 & up
Sign up for your audition day/time now.
View the full rehearsal and performance schedule here.
|Tuesday 1/15 from 6-9pm||Thursday 1/17 from 6-9pm|