Fall Radio Plays
- Sign up for radio plays is on a show by show basis, so check back four weeks before each performance to sign up for each show.
- Actors who have been cast in each radio play will rehearse all day (beginning around 10:00am) on Saturday for a 7:00pm performance.
- All actors in radio plays will need to register for $5. Fee increases to $10 the day of the performance. Course codes will be provided in each cast list email.
|Performs||Radio Play||Play a Part|
|8/25/18||A Midnite Movie Double Feature: The Devil Bat and Teenagers From Outer Space||Sign Up Now|
|9/8/18||Mr. Smith Goes to Washington||Coming Soon|
|10/27/18||By The Cold Light of The Moon||Coming Soon|
|11/24/18||Before the Thin Man||Coming Soon|
If you are interested in serving as a Student Assistant Director for one of these shows, please fill out the form available in late August.
WLTC Radio Theatre Series
The WLTC Radio Division presents radio dramas based on classic films, literature, and some original works and adaptations. Radio shows are typically performed at 7:00pm at the Little White School Museum one Saturday a month January through April and September through November.
Actors invited to perform in one of these radio dramas are typically in HIGH SCHOOL and older. Roles are cast based on need. For example, if the show requires a part to be played by a young actor, then a young actor will be contacted. All actors must meet certain criteria in order to facilitate the quick rehearsal process that this type of show needs. Those criteria are:
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and practice lines/character work outside of the rehearsal process.
- A proven track record of rehearsing quickly, taking direction, and making adjustments in character in a way that contributes to the positive work environment of a production.
- A consistent commitment to professionalism in the rehearsal process, as well as the ability to use that professionalism to improve the quality of the performance.
- Actors who meet these criteria should indicate interest in performing in the radio series by filling out the electronic form link above.
Each play is a mix between veteran actors and those new to this type of production. In an effort to be inclusive, actors who indicate interest will be cast according to their availability, and not being cast in one production means that actors will likely be cast in one of the following ones.
Fall Play – “Show, Don’t Tell”
As the annual show and tell day approaches, a rag-tag team of middle school friends plan a heist to snag a classmate’s prized possessions: a collection of snow globes from around the world. Will it be the perfect crime, or will the gang be caught red-handed? Find out in this “global” affair.
More information about auditions, rehearsals, and performances coming soon!
We are excited to revisit both of our favorite holiday radio plays this season. The same cast of actors have the opportunity to inhabit characters in Bedford Falls and 1920’s New York in It’s a Wonderful Life and an original radio play version of the holiday classic, A Christmas Carol, based on the novel by Charles Dickens.
Age: 12 and up
12855 Nov 11-29 S,T,Th $49(R)/(N)
It’s a Wonderful Life
Performances: December 1 at 2pm and December 13 & 15
A Christmas Carol
Performances: December 1 & 14 at 7pm and December 15 at 2pm
Audition sign up coming soon!