Clash of the Paddles Auditions
Actors 8-14 years old
Auditions – Thursday, September 30 OR Friday, October 1 from 6:00-8:00pm at South Point
Performances – November 18 & 19 at 7:00pm at Bednarcik Jr. High.
View full rehearsal schedule here.
Interested actors need to fill out the link here to select an audition day.
- Please plan on staying the entire two hours on either day.
- You will need to fill out and bring this Casting Sheet (complete with photo attached).
- You do not need to prepare any materials prior to the audition.
- Everyone will receive scenes and/or monologues to practice and perform when they get there.
|Thursday, September 30||Friday, October 1|
|Sora Williams||Nadia Cirone|
|Samantha Anders||Nathaniel Ford|
|Olivia Lamb||Ronan Heffernan|
|Joey Benham||Chloe Yeager|
|Clara Mia Perez|
Cemetery Walk – October 7
The Oswegoland Park District is looking for volunteer actors to portray local historical figures at the Cemetery Walk.
Cemetery Walk Details
The event runs on Thursday, October 7 from 5:00-10:00pm. Call time for actors is 4:30pm. Groups are lead through the cemetery every 20 minutes beginning at 5:00pm. The last group starts the tour at 9pm, so the latest that any actor would be done is 10:15pm.
Actors will be given a true historical figure to bring to life. You will be provided with a script to learn and as much additional information about that person as possible to help you portray them.
Actors will each be stationed at throughout the cemetery, near the gravesite of their historical person whenever possible. Guides will lead groups through the cemetery and stop at each site for you to tell your tale. You stay in the same place and the visitors come to you.
We are looking to feature 4 historical figures and a caretaker. We plan to fill these roles with actors that can portray these “ghosts” as historically accurate as possible. There are additional opportunities to volunteer at this event, if you do not fit the role of a planned ghost. The list below of potential ghosts includes their name, an overview of their story, and age when they died:
- Ann Melinda Hilliard – Born into slavery in 1834 and eventually brought to Oswego, died at age 106
- Nathan Hughes – Escaped slave who enlisted in the Civil War.
- John “Red” Hamilton – Connected to John Dillinger and had several run ins with the law; died at age 36
- James Yard – Self-educated single man who provides slice of life commentary ;died at age 93
- Maggie Shepherd Edwards – successful female business woman and single parent (adopted a daughter in Chicago), died at age 82
- Mary Cutter Bickford – Teacher who had a talented nephew, died at age 96
Actor Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Memorize and prepare monologue (~1000 words or 3 pages each)
- Provide basic costume pieces (ie simple skirts, trousers, plain button up tops). The Little White School Museum and Limelight Theatre Company can help provide additional accessories to enhance the look.
- Attend rehearsal Thursday, September 30 from 6:00-7:00pm
- Attend event Thursday, October 7 from 4:30-10:15pm
- Be available on rain date October 8 from 4:30-10:15pm
Please feel free to contact Cori Veverka at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.554.4433 with any questions or to share your interest/availability.
Park After Dark – Camp Where-We-Go
Saturday, October 16 from 4:30-10pm
Ages 14 & up
Park After Dark is the Oswegoland Park District’s interactive haunted trail event. This year’s theme is that there are werewolves stalking campers at a summer camp.
Become a part of the Haunt Team and help us transform the woods into a werewolf infested camp. We need outgoing and fearless folks to get ghoulish and help us give Oswego a scare. Haunt Team members will need to provide their own costumes, with guidance from event staff. To help you prepare, you will need to attend the Haunt Team 101 Training Camps on Monday, October 11 at 7:00pm at Prairie Point. All haunters will receive event gear and be fed pizza at the end of the night.
Limelighters and experienced performers may be given additional scripts/roles/scenes to incorporate into the event.
Fall Radio Plays
- Sign up for radio plays is on a show by show basis, so check back four weeks before each performance to sign up for each show.
- Actors who have been cast in each radio play will rehearse all day (beginning around 10:00am) on Saturday for a 7:00pm performance.
- All actors in radio plays will need to register for $5. Fee increases to $10 the day of the performance. Course codes will be provided in each cast list email.
|Performs||Radio Play||Play a Part|
|October 23||An Evening Of Poe||Sign up Here|
WLTC Radio Theatre Series
The WLTC Radio Division presents radio dramas based on classic films, literature, and some original works and adaptations. Radio shows are typically performed at 7:00pm one Saturday a month January through April and September through November.
Actors invited to perform in one of these radio dramas are typically in HIGH SCHOOL and older. Roles are cast based on need. For example, if the show requires a part to be played by a young actor, then a young actor will be contacted. All actors must meet certain criteria in order to facilitate the quick rehearsal process that this type of show needs. Those criteria are:
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative and practice lines/character work outside of the rehearsal process.
- A proven track record of rehearsing quickly, taking direction, and making adjustments in character in a way that contributes to the positive work environment of a production.
- A consistent commitment to professionalism in the rehearsal process, as well as the ability to use that professionalism to improve the quality of the performance.
- Actors who meet these criteria should indicate interest in performing in the radio series by filling out the electronic form link above.
Each play is a mix between veteran actors and those new to this type of production. In an effort to be inclusive, actors who indicate interest will be cast according to their availability, and not being cast in one production means that actors will likely be cast in one of the following ones.
A Christmas Carol Radio Play Auditions
Actors 12 years old & up
Auditions – Wednesday, October 20 OR Friday, October 22 from 6:00-8:30pm at South Point
Performances – December at the Little White School Museum
More audition information coming soon!